Getting lean, muscular, fit and bad ass is a lifestyle. Straight up…NO BS…Like it or not…THAT is the rule. Buy into fad bullshit diets and you will be buying ‘XX’ wardrobe when you ‘rebound’…Promise.
But, If you are all in and ready to lean out and hang out with the low double or shredded single-dij body fat elite then you will need to follow these simple steps.
WHY? Because this is what the lean & mean do! And you want to be lean and mean…Right? I mean…you go to the gym and train hard for a reason…so make it worth your time and effort.
- JUST EAT IT: Grass Fed sourced meats; wild caught fish; all game (you have at least two friends who hunt…really); eggs harvested from hens that eat insects, wild flowers, worms, and vegetables from scraps that someone did not finish at dinner; organic vegetables (Heavy here); organic fruits (Moderate here); some starches and worthy fats (avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil)
- Pick heavy things up and put them down…about three days a week…make it a habit.
- Do not consider ‘cheat days’. Also…do not cheat on tests or your spouse.
- Protein…Muy Importante! What do you want to weigh? Eat .8-1 gram of protein per pound of whatever that is
- Vegetables & Fruit…Yes…Everyday…And as much as you want
- Fats…Absolutely! Preferably on days that you do not train. Find these and eat them
- Starches…On training days only. Sweet potato, white potato, white rice, beans. Again…How much do you want to weigh? If you train like a beast then you will eat 2 grams of starches for every pound of bodyweight (that you want to weigh) If your training is more or less like a ‘Body Bar’ session or you ‘SPIN’ then 1 gram per pound of bodyweight (whatever it is that you want to weigh) sounds about right.
- Lastly…Throw the idea of quick fix or urgency out the window. You are in this for the long haul!